Saturday, March 19, 2005

18W2D

That's 18 weeks and 2 days. I'm really showing. I can't lean forward very well against the kitchen table - my belly's growing. Every day I feel the little one at least a dozen times. Little tickles for now, though I know that the kicking is going to grow.

I've gained 10 pounds, but then recently lost 2 pounds! But the doctor reassured me that it wasn't abnormal. The third trimester is when I should be eating for at least 2, if not 3!

We're planning on packing some of our clothes and books that we don't need tomorrow, in preparation for the upcoming move. We'll probably move out June 1st - only 2 1/2 months away.

Leaving New York is both a blessing and a bit of a sad departure for the two of us. Dean's adapted well to the city. I've never really felt at home here, though this year has probably been easier for me, if only for the fact that I've been able to focus on my own business ventures and independent consulting, as opposed to working for Gartner.

It looks like we'll be settling first into a rental in San Francisco, and continuing our house hunt when we're living in the City. And, by the looks of it, we'll have about 6 1/2 times the space that we have now (yes, we're truly living in a closet - picture your large walk-in closets, folks - that's what we have a bed, desk, sofa and small kitchen in!). Before we go, we'll throw a couple of spring rooftop parties (the real reason we subletted this little top-floor studio). We'll post some photos of this little NYC pad - a typical setup in this crammed and energetic city.

Well, back to my bible: "Your Pregnancy Week by Week". Great book ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home