Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Happiness Factor

One of the remarkable things in life is the amount of time we spend seeking what I call “the happiness factor”, a state of perpetual bliss if you will, or of relative peace amongst all the stress and discord that plague us in our daily lives.

That search, for many people, is a struggle.

I feel it’s a struggle – and sometimes catch myself wondering exactly what it is that I should or shouldn’t be doing, or dreaming about what I could or couldn’t be doing. This blog is about that continuous process of seeking, creating, and simply accepting, which at the heart of it, I’m learning, is the ultimate test in life – call it an acceptance, or merely a poise in doing what you’re doing. A satisfaction in simply being.

This blog will take Michelle through the wonderful (and painful!) process of childbirth, and will carry me into fatherhood in about 5 months. What I’ll be exploring in this blog – maybe even increasingly, as I lose sleep, get bags under my eyes, and lose all sense of what is mine vs the baby’s or “ours” as parents, is that happiness factor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home