Thursday, March 17, 2005

Charcoal painting of an African Idol .... or Fetus?



When I first looked at this little thing, I wasn't sure if Michelle was showing me archival photos of antique statuettes from the Congo. The "Columbus Circle OB/GYN" label gave it away, though. I guess I've had a hand in this little beast - it must have my ego since its head is twice the size of its body!

It's amazing to see a little creature growing in the monthly photos we seem to have of it. And then to look at Michelle's belly and to think that it's moving around in there, swimming, bumping, kicking, peeing. Unimaginable for a father, and all I can do is to place my palm on her belly and to feel her slow rhythmic breathing when she's asleep and hope for a little kick to reward my patience.
Charcoal titled "African Idol" Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home